A Note of Gratitude and with a Grateful Heart

Oak Tree Lover

USA - English
Ciao,

If someone could please help me figure out how to write "A Note of Gratitute" and "with a Grateful Heart" in Italian.

I am writing a thank you note to my doctor (surgeon) who is Italian. He speaks very good english, but he has taught me a little Italian and I thought it might be fun to include some Italian words in this letter that I am writing to him. He has performed miracles for me, so I want to make this special. He is a man (obviously) and I am a woman.

You help will be most appreciated. Grazie Mille

• MAVERIK

Italy Italian
    Welcome to the forum.

Could you write in English what you would like to tell him then we will help you in translating ?

housecameron

Italian/ Italy
    Hi and welcome :)

Here is something very simple:
    La ringrazio di cuore per tutto ciò/quello che ha fatto per me.
    Le sono molto/infinitamente riconoscente per tutto ciò/quello che ha fatto per me.

Both are with formal "you".

If you need more, please post a full sentence.

:)

Oak Tree Lover

USA - English
    Grazie for both replies.

Most of what I am writing to him, I am writing in English.

But I wanted to put on the envelope along with his name - "A Note of Gratitude" in Italian. And then at the end of the letter before signing my name, I wanted to put "with a grateful heart" in Italian.

Thank you so much!! What an amazing world we live in, that I can get replies from Italy to a question posted in the US in a matter of hours or less! I plan to visit Italy in October of 2008 - I really can't wait!!

Thanks again!

housecameron

Italian/ Italy
    Please wait :)

On the envelope you might write:

Al Dott./Prof. XXXXX con gratitudine

And, before signing your name, what I previously said, or just:

Con il cuore pieno di riconoscenza (or gratitudine)

:)

< Previous | Next >