a number of factors such as... have all

Singinswtt11

English since birth, Spanish shortly thereafter
Hello!

I'm having a little difficulty with this sentence. Any help would be great!

Although the District’s overall budget is $180 million ($120 million to fund operational expenses and $60 million to fund categorical programs), a number of factors such as a delayed state budget, the loss of $12 million in Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 academic years, and $6 million in 2007-2008 deficient spending have all contributed to our budget shortfall.

My attempt:
Aunque el presupuesto total del distrito contiene $180 milliones ($120 millones para financiar llos gastos operativos y $60 millones para los programas categóricos), varios factores, tales como la demora en adoptar un presupuesto estatal, la pérdida de $12 millones del Ajuste por Costo de Vida(COLA) para los años escolares 2008-2009 y 2009-2010, y la déficit de $6 millones del año escolar 2007-2008 han contribuido a la déficit presupestaria actual.​

• RoD-ZoD

Spanish
    I think you're right with the translation given to "a number of factors"; I'd translate it as "varios factores como..."

Galante

Spain-Spanish
    Varios factores es correcto.

Yo cuando me encuentro con la expresión inglesa a number pienso que se corresponde con la española un buen número

DWO

Spanish - Argentina
    Aunque el presupuesto total del distrito es de $180 milliones ($120 millones para financiar llos gastos operativos y $60 millones para los programas categóricos), un sinnúmero de varios factores, tales como la demora en adoptar un presupuesto estatal, la pérdida de $12 millones en del Ajuste por Costo de Vida(COLA) para los años académicos escolares 2008-2009 y 2009-2010, y un gasto deficitario la déficit de $6 millones en del año escolar 2007-2008, han contribuido al la déficit presupestario actual.

ilaló

English, USA
    Hi. If the question here is partly what to do with "have all" at the end of a lengthy subject, would one solution be to use the structure "tanto x como y y z"? Example:
    Original: The private sector, civil society and government are all very interested in.....
    Intento: Tanto el sector privado como la sociedad civil y el gobierno tienen mucho interés en.....
    Is the more literal alternative - El sector privado, la sociedad civil y el gobierno tienen todos mucho interés en.... - even possible? And better or worse than the "tanto-como" option?
    ¡Gracias!

DWO

Spanish - Argentina
    Hi, I think your first attempt is the most correct. As you can see, in Spanish, we replace the "have all" at the end, by the "tanto" at the beginning, plus the "como/cuanto".

tanto, -ta det./pron.
    5 En correlación con cuanto y con como, indica idea de equivalencia o igualdad: tanto los novios como los padrinos se quedan de pie frente al altar.
    s. m.
    http://es.thefreedictionary.com/tanto

< Previous | Next >