A page showing notebook checking scheme



Please have a look at this image:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I'm re-checker at a school - re-check notebooks already checked by the subject teachers. The principal has given me a page that explains how I should re-check the notebooks. She has advised me that if I find such mistakes (mentioned in the image), I should underline that word/sentence and mention the concerned symbol/letter (given on the image) on one side of the notebook page.

I can call the method given in the image "Notebook checking method/scheme". But I wonder what I should call the page on which that method is given.
Would I still call the page "Notebook checking scheme/method"?:rolleyes: (It sounds odd to refer to a page as "Notebook checking scheme/method", doesn't it?)

Thanks a lot.
Last edited:
  • Lun-14

    Why do you need a name for the page?
    This page is usually in the principal's office - in her file. Yesterday, when I was re-checking notebooks in my office, I called in a child and asked:
    Bring notebook checking method from principal's office.
    In this sentence, by "method", I meant "page"...so it sounded odd to me to refer to the page as method. I think I should have said:

    Bring notebook checking scheme page from principal's office.

    But it still doesn't sound right, because it's now become too lengthy with the inclusion of one more word.

    (After the school, I am to return that page to the principal, but yesterday I forgot to bring that page from principal office.)


    Senior Member
    Just refer to it as the "checking scheme". Bring the checking scheme from the principal's office.

    If you wanted to look at a report, you wouldn't say: Show me the papers on which the report is printed, would you?
    < Previous | Next >