a pay or a receive leg

Robbie168

Spanish, English - US & UK
Dear all,

After looking for some other sources, I still cannot think of a possible term in Spanish that would fit de idea of "leg" in the financial world. I found this little exerpt from the wikipedia which might perhaps be of assistance to some of you to help me understand better (financially speaking) what this term might be referring to.

"In an interest rate swap, each counterparty agrees to pay either a fixed or floating rate denominated in a particular currency to the other counterparty. The fixed or floating rate is multiplied by a notional principal amount (say, USD 1 million) and an accrual factor given by the appropriate day count convention. When both legs are in the same currency, this notional amount is typically not exchanged between counterparties, but is used only for calculating the size of cashflows to be exchanged. When the legs are in different currencies, the respective notional amounts are typically exchanged at the start and the end of the swap.

The most common interest rate swap is one where one counterparty A pays a fixed rate (the swap rate) to counterparty B, while receiving a floating rate indexed to a reference rate (such as LIBOR or EURIBOR). By market convention, the counterparty paying the fixed rate is called the "payer" (while receiving the floating rate), and the counterparty receiving the fixed rate is called the "receiver" (while paying the floating rate)."

This is the link to the page where I found the exerpt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interest_rate_swap, your input on this will be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

Robbie :)

• Cal inhibes

Spanish
    Leg, en muchos casos, se traduce al español como manga y, más precisamente, como etapa o ronda. En el aspecto financiero, cuando una transacción se hace en varios tiempos, cada uno de esos tiempos es una "leg" o etapa o ronda.He visto traducciones que dicen "pierna", pero evidentemente son burdas e inadecuadas. Manga se usa mucho en los deportes, como en el golf, para designar una ronda o un día de juego.
    Saludos

Robbie168

Spanish, English - US & UK
    Leg, en muchos casos, se traduce al español como manga y, más precisamente, como etapa. En el aspecto financiero, cuando una transacción se hace en varios tiempos, cada uno de esos tiempos es una "leg" o etapa. He visto traducciones que dicen "pierna", pero evidentemente son burdas e inadecuadas.
    Saludos
    ¡Muchas gracias Cal! Esto me da mucho mejor idea de lo que debo entonces hacer. Si alguien más desea aportar algo a éste hilo sus comentarios siguen siendo más que bienvenidos.

¡Buenas noches a todos!

Robbie

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >