A person’s level of pay is much more about status than it is ever about paying the bills.

saide

Persian
Hi dear friends,

here there are some key factors which affect all 12 elements of great managers. would you please help me to get the meaning of the bold one?

°°People genuinely don’t want to paid for doing nothing. They want what they do to have some meaning.
°° A person’s level of pay is much more about status than it is ever about paying the bills.
°° Whenever employees compare their rate of pay with their peers, intense emotions can be brought to the surface.

Thank you in advance

• Barque

Tamil
    A person’s level of pay is much more about status than it is ever about paying the bills.
    It means employees think more about the status their pay gives them, in comparison with others, than whether it enables them to meet their day-to-day expenses or not.

Linkway

British English
    If I were a woman TV news journalist, I might be very pleased to receive $200,000 salary.....until I discover that my less-experienced male colleague and the pretty girl who flirts with the boss get $250,000.

< Previous | Next >