a person responsible for a given field

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

I'm looking for an informal expression that means a person responsible for a given field, such as economy. Such a person may work for a president.

"Go-to guy" is not the answer I'm looking for.
  • heypresto

    Senior Member
    English - England
    In the UK, these people would be ministers or secretaries of state or in the case of the economy, the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

    I don't know of any informal terms for these posts.
    < Previous | Next >