a person who doesn't like to share good things with others

min300

Iran ,( Persian)Farsi
Hi everyone,
Can you think of a word, slang or expression in English which matches the following definition.

Someone who has a lot of friends, enjoys being with them, and going to their parties and sharing things with them. However, when it comes to good things he has, he/ she prefers to keep it for himself/ herself and not share it with others.
(Ps. In our culture we usually try to share delicious food or snacks with our friends, especially in dorm, in schools, or at work)

For example:
I have always shared my food and snacks with Jane . However, when I arrive at our dorm room yesterday, I saw Jane eating a delicious cake, she didn't even offer me a piece of it. She is such a . . .

I appreciate any comments☺

• min300

Iran ,( Persian)Farsi
    Are you only looking for a noun or noun phrase, or will an adjective do?

If an adjective will do, you could try ' . . . she's so selfish'.
    Thank you so much . In fact, I am looking for a word to describe the person who specially doesn't want to share their tasty food. They might not be that much selfish though. The word I am looking for is maybe even used in more humourous way.

Truffula

English - USA
    I can't think of a general word with that meaning.

If I was going to complete your sentence in the original post, with the idea of it being humorous, maybe I'd say,

...she didn't even offer me a piece of it. She's such a greedy guts.

greedy guts | Definition, meaning & more | Collins Dictionary

It's actually slang for "glutton" which is basically a person who likes to eat more than they ought to. In the context you give, it has the meaning you ask for, but in less specific contexts it wouldn't.

min300

Iran ,( Persian)Farsi
    I can't think of a general word with that meaning.

If I was going to complete your sentence in the original post, with the idea of it being humorous, maybe I'd say,

...she didn't even offer me a piece of it. She's such a greedy guts.

greedy guts | Definition, meaning & more | Collins Dictionary

It's actually slang for "glutton" which is basically a person who likes to eat more than they ought to. In the context you give, it has the meaning you ask for, but in less specific contexts it wouldn't.
    Thank you a million. I think it perfectly matches with what I had in my mind.

sound shift

English - England
    I didn't suggest "mean", Emp, because it is ambiguous.
    mean2 /min/USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est.
    1. having evil or unkind intentions;
      malicious:a mean, cruel remark.
    2. small-minded:mean motives.
    3. stingy;
      miserly:mean with one's money.
    (WordReference Random House Dictionary of American English)

< Previous | Next >