A person who is addicted to drinking too much tea?

Lun-14

Banned
Hindi
Hi

People become addicted to drugs (beer, cigarette, heroine etc.).What do you call a person who becomes addicted to drinking tea?. They take tea with every meal (lunch, dinner, supper). If they don't drink tea, they feel uncomfortable - feel headache.

John is _________; he drinks too much tea. If he doesn't, he feels uncomfortable.

Thanks

• natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    I suppose if you wanted to, you could say teaholic, but many people would consider that a coinage. See, for example, http://www.youthareawesome.com/10-signs-teaholic/
    Those, such as I, who love tea to no bounds can be classified as “teaholics”. Yes, this is a real thing (on the Internet), but don’t worry, you don’t need to find a cure for your addiction. It is perfectly acceptable, and you have a loving community to back you up.
    I drink tea at all times of the day, and I fear I qualify as one.

natkretep

What do you mean by 'pure'? I have already said that many people will consider the word a coinage. If you use it, most English speakers will understand what you mean.

Lun-14

Banned
    Hindi
    What do you mean by 'pure'? I have already said that many people will consider the word a coinage. If you use it, most English speakers will understand what you mean.
    I wondered if it was bought from some other language.

natkretep

Workaholic is an established English term. It is derived from work, and the second half of alcoholic. Teaholic also attempts to use the second half of alcoholic.

entangledbank

English - South-East England
    The ending '-holic' has been chopped off 'alcoholic' and is now used to create other words. Two that have become established are chocoholic and workaholic. The equivalent for tea isn't an established word, but it probably should be as there are millions of us.

SVO

english
    Dear members: Not sure exactly what you call a person who is addicted to tea, but this is what you would call the addiction itself:

theinism (see theinism )

Feel free to explore further in other medical dictionaries, if you wish to check various sources. "Good day" to you all :) !

< Previous | Next >