A person who is easily persuaded or influenced

Jypss

Cantonese
Hello everyone,

I am writing an essay about the short story: The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield. And I want to describe the central character as a person who is rather easily persuaded or influenced and therefore changes her mind frequently.

I wonder if there would be a noun that describes this kind of people? Thank you very much!

• Copyright

American English
    One word is impressionable: easily influenced or characterized by susceptibility to influence: an impressionable child, an impressionable age.

Collins also lists suggestible as a synonym of impressionable.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Hello everyone,

I am writing an essay about the short story: The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield. And I want to describe the central character as a person who is rather easily persuaded or influenced and therefore changes her mind frequently.

I wonder if there would be a noun that describes this kind of people? Thank you very much!
    It's hard to describe that succinctly without knowing more about your essay.

She might be "gullible". She might be "going the way the wind blows".

emanko

Arabic- Egyptian
    One word is impressionable: easily influenced or characterized by susceptibility to influence: an impressionable child, an impressionable age.

Collins also lists suggestible as a synonym of impressionable.
    Can we use "impressionable" to describe a grown person? OR is it always linked to young people and children? Does it carry any connotations of being young?

Maddie31

English - U.S.
    Other option is "malleable." See definition below. And btw, these words are all adjectives, not nouns. :)

mal·le·a·ble
    ˈmalyəb(ə)l/
    adjective
    1. (of a metal or other material) able to be hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking.
      synonyms: pliable, ductile, plastic, pliant, soft, workable
      "a malleable substance"
      • easily influenced; pliable.
        "Anna was shaken enough to be malleable"
        synonyms: easily influenced, suggestible, susceptible, impressionable, pliable, amenable, compliant, tractable; More

< Previous | Next >