a piggy back ride straight to hell

< Previous | Next >

Tintinkerbell

Croatian
Hello,
I'm translating a movie called Wild Orchid 2.

A father and a daughter are driving in a car. They are talking about how he met her mum in a town like the one they are passing through right now. This is what he says:

"F: I was blowing through a town like this when I met your Mum for the first time. Never even talked to her. She was just standing out in front of a little white house, smiling as I drove by.
D: Then what?
F: Well, a beautiful girl started haunting me, I played her face over and over again in my head. A month later I came back, gave her a piggy back ride straight to hell."

What does this sentence mean? He took her for a ride and she sat at the back seat? ... but what is piggy? and straight to hell means that they had some bad times afterwards..?

Thank you.

• DocPenfro

English - British
    It's not piggy in isolation: the word/phrase is piggy-back (spelled variously as a single word, a hyphenated word or as two words). It refers to one person carrying another (usually smaller) on their back or shoulders, i.e. giving them a ride. Your interpretation of straight to hell is correct.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    " gave her a piggy back ride straight to hell." means that, together, but with him in control, they had some bad times afterwards.

< Previous | Next >