a post-match chat

< Previous | Next >

Matheus

Français
Hi!

I'm looking for the translation of "a post-match chat". I'm looking for a sport term in French, as I think there must be one but I can't find any (I'm not really into sport actually ^^). Anyway if you have some ideas, let me know!
Thanks!

• Matheus

Français
    that's what I mean indeed. It's just that the context is different from a sport game. It's actually after one character 'scored' a girl: he tells her "I've just never been one for, like, post-match chat?"
    I'm not sure "debriefing" would have this sport connotation in this very context. And as being a rugby fan, the character is obviously mentionning it in relation with a rugby match.

Matheus

Français
    I actually agree with mdb. debriefing is not that bad. It does not have the same meaning in English but in French it would be relevant (but not in this very context though).
    […]

Last edited by a moderator:

Matheus

Français
    Thanks for all of this but my problem is actually that I don't know the translation of neither "post-match chat" or "post-match analysis" in French. That's what I'm looking for. So if you have any suggestion, I am ready! :)

guillaumedemanzac

English - Southern England Home Counties
    Sorry, I thought you were a French native.
    analyse d'après-match?
    Je ne fais pas les analyses après le concours. Or maybe Je n'aime pas les analyses post-match/après-match.
    Anything that implies (like the English) that he dislikes talking about it and analysing it afterwards.
    We borrowed après-ski from you so maybe you can borrow post-match from us - I think most sporting French would understand analyse post-match.
    Of course mdb's un debriefing is also a good idea - my dirty mind took it as the sexual meaning and most French people wouldn't know that; so if you said un debriefing après-match/post-match I think most people would catch the literal meaning of: He doesn't like discussion after the event to analyse what went right/wrong (= the pros and cons) and they would not connect briefs with knickers!;)
    guillaume

L'irlandais

Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    Thanks for all of this but my problem is actually that I don't know the translation of neither "post-match chat" or "post-match analysis" in French. That's what I'm looking for. So if you have any suggestion, I am ready! :)
    My suggestion ; maybe Peps (discours) après le match. c.à.d. Un message du coach dans les vestiaires après la rencontre., ça se fait dans le rugby à XV pour encourager les joueurs.
    Le seul bémol, en XV on marquent des essais. Alors, à mon avis, la connotation avec "score" ne se traduit pas dans le contexte.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >