a prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages

marhee

English - US
Hi,
I was hoping to get a translation into Hebrew with niqqud of the Tennessee Williams quote "a prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages" for a tattoo. I have another thread posted for a Bob Dylan quote that I would love to have translated with niqqud if you would also like to help me with that. Thank you so much for all your help!

• marhee

English - US
    I wanted to explain the quote so people could understand it better. It's something Tennessee Williams said in reference to his play "Stairs to the Roof." It's about a man who's stifled by the monotony and the norms of his day-to-day life. He believes that life is about more than waking up, going to work, going to sleep, and repeating that cycle everyday, and makes the decision to break away from this unfulfilling life based on his belief that there is something more to life. Therefore, the "wild at heart" are those who feel confined by the way of life expected of them by society, and so wish for and look for something more in life. "Stairs to the Roof" was written as a "prayer" for those people. I hope this helps. Thank you!

I’m sorry if this is wrong, but I don’t natively speak Hebrew so I just looked it up. But I was compelled to reply since I love this quote dearly and saw that no one had ever replied. I’m sure you found it by now, lol. Well, I hope so. It’s such a beautiful sentiment.

תפילה לטבעי הלב הנשמרת בכלובים
    (Almost certain it’s meant to be right-aligned but I don’t see the option.)