1. sagagossard Member

SPANISH MEXICO
    Hello everyone!

Somebody told me a priori is not used the same way in Spanish as in English. This person suggested me "from the get-go". Is that right?

Neutrality is understood here as a condition by which none of the available alternatives in an election possesses structural advantage over the other; that is, none of them is favored a priori.

Español:
    Por neutralidad entendemos aquélla condición por la cual ninguna de las alternativas disponibles en una elección cuenta con cierta ventaja estructural sobre las demás, es decir, ninguna es favorecida a priori.

Gracias

2. Tegs

Tegs Mód ar líne

English (Ireland)
    I agree that you should use something like from the get-go or from the outset (less informal). A priori cannot be used in English the way you have used it. A priori means without recourse to empirical data - there is a full explanation of how to use it here a priori, a posteriori (see post 4).

3. chileno

chileno Senior Member

Las Vegas, Nv. USA
    Castellano - Chile
    A priori means you are assuming or taking for granted. Taking the initiative by yourself without consulting, just because you assumed or took something for granted and acted upon that.

That's how I understand the concept.