A proper adjective for a car with wide interior space length

WondererCarvalho

Portugês (Brasil)
Hello.

I would like to ask if anyone knows a suitable adjective for a car whose space length is wide. I though of "spacious car", but it doesn't seem to be widely used and it seems to address to a parking lot space much more often than to a car itself. Does anyone have some suitable adjective to highlight the wide length of the interior space of a car?

Thank you all very much in advance.

• Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    Could you explain, possibly using examples, what you mean? You are using "wide" to qualify "length", but width and length are two separate dimensions - width applies to the distance between the two sides of the car, and length applies to the distance between the front of the car and the back.

PlanC

Arabic
    hi,
    maybe
    elongated
    lengthwise proportioned

longitudinally designed/drafted/stretched

WondererCarvalho

Portugês (Brasil)
    Hi, planC.
    Thank you very much for your suggestions. I've researched on your suggestions, but they usually refer to a long car like limos or vintage long body cars, referring to the external length rather than its interior space.

Speaking of which, I have just had the idea of looking up "long body" and most of the information containing it, although many refer specifically to buggies, refer to "big" cars. I've also tried to match "wide body" and it's related to car tuning, but again it seems to refer more to external body with many references to fender and airfoil length. It seems that at the time being "a long body car" is the expression I've been looking for. This one may even appear with number of seats of a car.

Thank you very much again for your attention.

WondererCarvalho

Portugês (Brasil)
    Hi, Glasguensis.

In a sentence I would like to say "A long body car" implying the general proportions of its internal size. Now I also looked up for "size" matches and came across the "full size car" category of cars which can have seats for a whole family. It seems it's more a technical term for the category of cars than an adjective to a car, but that also can apply to an example. My question was made because I'd like to know whether there is a one word adjective to qualify the interior size of a car, but apparently one must use these two word expressions to make it.

Thank you very much for your answer, Glasguensis. I had not thought of looking up matches with the word "size" yet.

< Previous | Next >