a quien se hizo

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by ccbarbos, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ccbarbos

ccbarbos Senior Member

United States
    English - US & español - Colombia
    Hi everyone,

I am translating a police report from Argentina that was filed for domestic violence. The wife reported her husband due to an altercation. At the end of the report (complaint), there is an additional page signed by the "Secretaria de Actuaciones", which reads:

"EN EL MISMO LUGAR Y FECHA, entregué copia de la denuncia a la Sra. X, según lo dispone el Art. 15 de la Ley Pcial No. 9283, a quien se hizo-"

After this sentence, "Secretaria de Actuaciones" placed her signature and seal.

What I am trying to figure out is what "a quien se hizo" could mean here and hopefully how I could translate it.

As of right now I have:

"AT THE SAME PLACE AND DATE, I delivered a copy of the complaint to Mrs. X, according to Art. 15 of the Provincial Law No. 9283, for whom it was done-", but honestly, I am not too sure on what "a quien se hizo" means here.

If anyone has seen this before and/or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all for the help!

2. steemic

steemic Senior Member

Pitman, New Jersey
    English (US)
    Does the sentence end in a quien se hizo or is there more text that follows?

3. ccbarbos

ccbarbos Senior Member

United States
    English - US & español - Colombia
    Hi steemic,

It ends with "a quien se hizo".

Thank you!

4. UVA-Q

UVA-Q Senior Member

Mexico City
    México - Español
    Hola ccbarbos.

No está claro (para mí) ese final de la frase. En todo caso, me parece que sería "...to whom it was done".

Que si entiendo bien el enunciado en español es que el interlocutor está entregando la copia a quien la solicitó y para quien ésta fue hecha, es lo único que se me puede ocurrir que significa "a quien se hizo" (la copia), que pudiese ser también el demandante/agraviado.

Espero sea un poco de ayuda.

5. steemic

steemic Senior Member

Pitman, New Jersey
    English (US)
    The only thing that comes to mind is that they are talking about the document itself.
    For whom this document was prepared..... and then the name of the secretary (the person that drew up the document) followed by her stamped name.
    Let's see if anyone comes up with anything else, but that's my guess.

6. infernal war

infernal war Senior Member

Medellín
    Colombian Spanish
    Pues entiendo que a quien se hizo fue la tomada de declaración de la denuncia. No que la señora hizo la denuncia. Por eso le entregan copia de la denuncia o declaración como en los procedimientos de denuncia judicial.

7. infernal war

infernal war Senior Member

Medellín
    Colombian Spanish
    Lo que habla de la ley puede que se refiera a que la ley contempla que cuando haya una denuncia, la entidad receptora de la denuncia está obligada por ley a dar copia de la denuncia al denunciate, caso contrario ninguna persona está obligada (por ley) a denunciar un delito.