a reclaimed bachelor / a former bachelor (after a divorce)

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

While I was looking up the PWN-OXFORD online dictionary for the meaning of the noun 'reclaim', I came across the phrase 'a reclaimed drunkard.' The Polish counterpart tells me that the drunkard is not a drunkard anymore. He used to be a drunkard. He is now a reclaimed drunkard or a former drunkard.

What do you call a man who got divorced and is now a bachelor again. Is it a reclaimed bachelor, a former bachelor?
Edit: Maybe a recycled bachelor?

Thank you.
Last edited:
  • Copyright

    Senior Member
    American English
    I would call him a bachelor. If he's loving his new single status, perhaps a born-again bachelor.* :cool:

    *To my knowledge, I made that up, but it works.
    < Previous | Next >