a reminder to somebody who hasn't replied to your question yet

expectnomercy

Ukrainian
Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a sentence which would remind a person we have long been out of touch with about my question. The one that I asked him in several of my previous emails and the one he failed to respond to. I'm eager to know the date by which he'll finally reply to me. This should sound semi-formal, or even formal.

I would appreciate it if you could is all I can think of at the moment. And then I'm stuck :(

• expectnomercy

Ukrainian
    Egmont

Much appreciated. But how about this: I'm eager to know the date by which he'll finally reply to me? I take it, there's going to be a second sentence here but I'm not sure I know what it should sound like. Maybe like this:

Please, advise on the exact date you can email me your answer.

expectnomercy

Ukrainian
    Parla

Mine was supposed to kind of supplement the one suggested by Egmont. Like this:

I would appreciate it if you could let me know when I can expect a reply to my e-mail of October 23. Please, advise on the exact date you can email me your answer.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Unless you are that person's employer, or otherwise have some sort of authority over that person, your added sentence strikes me as overly demanding and highhanded.

< Previous | Next >