A results statement

Jin akashini

vietnamese
Hi every one,

I would like to ask you the meaning of "a results statement" in this case. I can not imagine what it means.

"Simply put, performance indicators are measures that describe how well a program is achieving its objectives.
Whereas a results statement identifies what we hope to accomplish, indicators tell us specifically what to measure to determine whether the objective has been achieved. Indicators are usually quantitative measures but may also be qualitative observations".

The sentence is drawn from a document of USAID (United states agency for international development), named "Performance Monitoring and Evaluation". Here is the link, page 1.

http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/pnaby214.pdf.

Thanks,

• Kirill V.

Russian
    I guess it's a type of document where results/objectives of a perticular operation are stated.
    I assume there should a glossay of USAID terms somewhere on the same site. Otherwise we are just guessing.

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    I also think "a results statement" is type of documents in which objectives of a particular operation (not results) are stated, because the in the next sentence, it is said "...identifies what we hope to accomplish", I'am finding glossary of USAID terms regarding performance monitoring and evaluation but not yet done.

< Previous | Next >