"(A) rough schematics for such a device is/are included"

cmyguo3o

Russian
"(A) rough schematics for such a device is/are included" — does the indefinite article belong here and should I use Single or Plural?
What is referred to is a single circuit diagram, but there can be many possible variants of it, hence the question about the correct article.

• Packard

USA, English
    "(A) rough schematics for such a device is/are included" — does the indefinite article belong here and should I use Single or Plural?
    What is referred to is a single circuit diagram, but there can be many possible variants of it, hence the question about the correct article.

cmyguo3o

Russian
    Something is missing here — my post is quoted, but there is nothing else. I guess there was a technical glitch somewhere.

Packard

USA, English
    Something is missing here — my post is quoted, but there is nothing else. I guess there was a technical glitch somewhere.
    Definitely something missing. In the midst of my post the quote got posted but the software forbid me from editing or posting again until just now.

A rough schematics [drawing] is singular. The missing word that is "understood" is "drawing" or "diagram". So you use singular verbs and singular articles.

cmyguo3o

Russian
    Definitely something missing. In the midst of my post the quote got posted but the software forbid me from editing or posting again until just now.

A rough schematics [drawing] is singular. The missing word that is "understood" is "drawing" or "diagram". So you use singular verbs and singular articles.
    Thank you Packard!

< Previous | Next >