A row / rows of camps along the boundary walls

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
Hello everyone.

Suppose I want to say that there is a row of camps along the each boundary wall means there are four rows, can I say it as :

"There are rows of camps along/ following the boundary walls", or "There is a row of camps following the boundary walls"

I think neither of them would explain what I really wanted to say, would they?
Please explain.
Thanks.

• Roxxxannne

English (northeastern US)
    Because you mention four rows, I understand you to mean that the boundary wall encloses a rectangle. Is that correct?
    If it is, then you could say "A row of camps ran parallel to the entire boundary wall."

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
    What do you mean by camps? How long are these walls?
    It could be any kind of: such as medical camps, refugee camps, and so on.

And obviously, as the o.p might suggest, there are constructed in a big ground which is fringed with high brick walls.

Myridon

English - US
    It could be any kind of: such as medical camps, refugee camps, and so on.

And obviously there are constructed in a big ground which is fringed with high brick walls.
    I think you may mean "tents" instead of "camps". This whole thing is a refugee camp. The individual blue things are tents.
    1566327032265.png

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
    Thanks, Myridon. But neither tents nor camps is my issue, I just couldn't understand how I would write it. Should it be rows along the boundary wall(s), or a row along the boundary wall?

And thanks, again for clearing the difference between tents and camp:)

Myridon

English - US
    Since what you're describing makes no sense, it's hard tell you how to write it. What does the wall look like? How are the bananas (since you say it doesn't matter what they are) arranged? Can you draw a picture of it?

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
    Let me try again.

Suppose there is a big rectangular ground closed behind high walls. And along the each wall is a row of tents. Or, in other words, a row of tents follows each wall of the ground.

ewie

English English
    There are four rows in total and each one runs parallel to a wall.

Should I say "boundary wall" or "boundary walls"?
    There's a (single) row of tents surrounding the boundary wall.
    or
    There's a row of tents along each of the boundary walls.

North wall, east wall, south wall, west wall.

< Previous | Next >