a scanned sketch that he traced over

seeeker

I am confused about the meaning of the following sentence:
He started with a scanned sketch that he traced over, alternating between the two different tools to re-create the line work.
Does the phrases "traced over" and "re-create the line work" signify a single action of tracing? Or is the action signifies by "traced over" is finished in the first clause and another action of "re-creating the line" starts in the second clause?
The text is regarding a photo editing app.

• lingobingo

English - England
    He was re-creating the line work by tracing over it on the scanned drawing, using two different tools to achieve this. Yes, they both mean the same activity.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    I am confused about the meaning of the following sentence:

Does the phrases "traced over" and "re-create the line work" signify a single action of tracing? Or is the action signifies by "traced over" is finished in the first clause and another action of "re-creating the line" starts in the second clause?
    The text is regarding a photo editing app.
    Please tell us where you found this sentence.

seeeker

He was re-creating the line work by tracing over it on the scanned drawing, using two different tools to achieve this. Yes, they both mean the same activity.
    Thank you for your very helpful answer, lingobingo.

Please tell us where you found this sentence.
    This is from a photo editing software's description. Unfortunately, I cannot share more details due to confidentiality reasons.

< Previous | Next >