A se ti avessi conosciuto prima, saremmo stati da dio.

jinglebella

England, English
Ciao tutti, please help me translate this message I received. It's the very last bit that I'm having trouble with, but I'd like to know if I've translated the rest of it correctly too. Here is the full text:

Adesso vorrei vederti e vorrei parlarti. Mi manchi ma e un problema per me non riesco a finire con lei...non ci riesco ma non voglio perderti. A se ti avessi conosciuto prima, saremmo stati da dio.

My attempt:

"Now I would like to see you and I would like to speak to you. I miss you but it's a problem for me I am unable to finish with her.. I am unable to but I do not want to lose you. If I had known you before, we would have ['been a state of God' - that can't be right, I think this must be an expression that I don't understand].

Kind of sad eh? :(
Grazie mille..

• Waterfall123

Italian
    Hi...
    Sounds sad, unfortunately.

"I really would like to see you and to talk to you right now. I miss you but it is a problem for me, I can't break with her...I can't, but I don't want to loose you. Ah, I wish I had met you before, we would have a great time. ("Stare da dio" means something like get along very well with the other person and feel like in a state of heaven...I don't know if there is an equivalent in English...)

< Previous | Next >