A sentence related to marine chart plotter

< Previous | Next >

Baltic Sea

Banned
Polish
Hello again!

May I ask if I get right the second sentence?

NOTE!

Please note that some of the data options can be grayed out if unavailable. This can be caused by NMEA data unavailable to support the data field or Items related to Fish Finder when not connected.

The way I understand the second sentence is as follows:
This can be caused by lack of NMEA data which are (necessary) to support the data field or Items related to Fish Finder when THE VERY Fish Finder is not connected.

Thank you.

• owlman5

English-US
    What do you mean by "very", Baltic Sea? I can't figure out what you're trying to tell us with that phrase. Is "Very Fish Finder" the brand name for the fish finder?

Looking for NMEA in Google, I found that it means "National Marine Electronics Association". If you'd like to read a little about how one "talker" transmits data to many "listeners", this Wikipedia article introduces the subject: NMEA

If my guess about "Very Fish Finder" is correct and it's a brand name, then I think your interpretation of the sentence sounds good. "Unavailable" data are data that are lacking. Those data would be necessary to fill out the data field in the device. If they are not available, then the data field in the device will be "grayed out".

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >