a sexually charged charisma

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
In black tracksuit and baseball cap, she is direct, relaxed, curious, quick-witted and occasionally ironic, with a sexually charged charisma.

What is a sexually charged charisma, please? I understand the words, however, I cannot grasp the meaning of the phrase.:confused:

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

• maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Charisma is a compelling attractiveness or charm.

One finds it hard to ignore people with 'charisma'.

Her's was very noticeably sexual in nature.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    maxiogee said:
    Charisma is a compelling attractiveness or charm.

One finds it hard to ignore people with 'charisma'.

Her's was very noticeably sexual in nature.
    Thank you maxiogee for the reply.

However, I understand charisma as a compelling attraciveness or charm of someone's personality. It's somoene's features of character that make them charismatic not the looks at all. Is the matter that you understand charisma as something different form the Polish?

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Hi Thomas,

Charisma is an energy or magnetism that a person generates. As you say, it has nothing or very little to do with the way you look. A person could be what is generally considered not very good looking and still have a charisma that makes them very attractive. Someone having sexual charisma means that they are sexually attractive, and this can be unrelated to the way they look.

DaleC

Thomas1 said:

However, I understand charisma as a compelling attraciveness or charm of someone's personality. It's somoene's features of character that make them charismatic not the looks at all. Is the matter that you understand charisma as something different form the Polish?
    Yeah, so what? ;) So regardless of what one may think of her looks, she's being credited with having a sexy personality -- it's just that the writer has chosen to say so in a wordier, more abstract way. Sexual attractiveness can reside in looks, momentary behavior ("acting sexy"), or overall personality.

suzi br

English / England
    Thomas1 said:

I don't know why you got confused over this - the person who first used the word attractive didn't link it to the girl's looks -

As you say, attractiveness can be attributed to personality and charisma is generally not related to looks when we use the word in the UK

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Thomas1 said:

No, I don't think so.
    There is more to sexuality that just either overt sexuality or stunning looks. Some people have a combination of charisma, grace, style and looks - the whole package - it can be something as simple as how they sit in a chair, which gives off their sexual charisma.