A shirt that I already have.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Can you explain the situation in which you would use this sentence, gabriel001234? What do you want the sentence to mean?

gabriel001234

Portuguese
    Yes, but unless he gave you the very shirt you own, you would probably say "you gave me a shirt just like one I already have."
    What if the person gave me the very shirt I own?

Also, what if the person gave me two shirts? Would it be OK to say "You gave me two shirts just like ones I already have" ?

Can you explain the situation in which you would use this sentence, gabriel001234? What do you want the sentence to mean?
    I would use it to tell someone that he/she gave me a shirt just like one I already have.

Last edited by a moderator:

heypresto

English - England
    What if the person gave me the very shirt I own?
    Then you would likely say 'You've given me my shirt'. But I can't imagine why this would happen.

Also, what if the person gave me two shirts? Would it be OK to say "You gave me two shirts just like ones I already have" ?
    Yes.

I would use it to tell someone that he/she gave me a shirt that is just like one of my shirts.
    Then you'd say "You gave me a shirt just like one I already have.", as Sparky Malarky suggested above.

< Previous | Next >