A side of pickles

palabra86

Spanish
What does it mean "Side" in "A side of pickles"? Since seeing "pickles" it implies for me that there are some pickles there
and not just one, hence I don't understand "side"?

“Dear Mr. Farrell. I’ve been coming to your restaurant ever since you opened. I really love the place. I love your ice cream. I love the fun. I love your hamburgers. They’re the best. I love your pickles. They are the best pickle in Seattle. I always ask for an extra pickle. They always give me one. Today Mr. Farrell, I came in, had my usual, asked for an extra pickle from the young waitress. Well, I don’t know where she got the idea, but she said, ‘I’ll have to sell you a side of pickles for 75 cents.’ If that’s the way you’re going to run your restaurant Mr. Farrell, I’m not coming back.”

Source: Video about Entrepreneurship.

• owlman5

English-US
    Well, I don’t know where she got the idea, but she said, ‘I’ll have to sell you a side of pickles for 75 cents.’
    A side of pickles means a side order of pickles. She is telling him that he will have to buy more pickles in a side order if he wants an extra pickle with his hamburger.

< Previous | Next >