a "side" of tornado-chasing

< Previous | Next >

gil12345

chinese
Hi,

In an article talking about tornado chaser Tim Samaras (National Geographic Dec.2013):

"Then, after four nights back home, Samaras returned to the road, in a truck outfitted with gargantuan high-speed camera for the purpose of conducting lightning research in Kansas--though, as he acknowledged in a Facebook posting, he was "bringing secondary vehicle for a 'side' of tornado chasing (I love sides).""

What does "side" mean here? What is the "side" of a tornado? I know it is supposed to be funny. But I just don't get it.

Thanks

Gil

Last edited:
  • PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I assume he means "side" in the sense of a "side order": a 'side order' is a dish/food other than the main constituents of a meal. -> an additional aspect

Glenfarclas

English (American)
    For the future, you should know that it's difficult to answer questions about a text when you quote it incorrectly, leaving out words and punctuation. Please try not to do that.

gil12345

chinese
    For the future, you should know that it's difficult to answer questions about a text when you quote it incorrectly, leaving out words and punctuation. Please try not to do that.
    Sorry, My bad. I should have double checked. I will be more cautious.

< Previous | Next >