a side table with a shelf

< Previous | Next >


New Member
Do you know if there's a more specific name for "side table with shelf"? Preferably just one word.
  • Loob

    Senior Member
    English UK
    Hello, miiiau, and welcome to the forums:)

    Do you mean the sort of table that goes beside a bed? If so, we call it a 'bedside table' in British English; I believe it's a 'night table' in American English.

    If you were thinking of something different, perhaps you could tell us a bit more?


    Senior Member
    English (U.S.)
    The things next to beds are actually called nightstands in AE, but yeah, the original question confuses me somewhat.
    Wouldn't a table without a shelf just be two pairs of free-standing legs?


    Senior Member
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    I suggest we hold off the speculation until miiiau comes back and tells us what kind of table, how it is used, what room it would usually be placed in and anything else that might point us in the right direction. :)


    Senior Member
    British English
    Perhaps providing a picture would be of assistance. I'd suggest finding one on IKEA's website and then telling us what name (because they always have unusual names) to google for
    < Previous | Next >