a sight on or of something?

Louise4

Italian
I'm checking out a brochure and I'm in doubt. "you'll reach a spectacular sight ON the mountains or OF the mountains"? It' describing a sort of natural balcony on the top of a hill...

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Welcome to the forum, Louise4!

Your sentence is a bit unclear, and I'm wondering if you mean a "view" of the mountains, rather than a "sight." Are you talking about arriving at the top of the hill and being able to see the mountains well from there?

Louise4

Italian
    Welcome to the forum, Louise4!

Your sentence is a bit unclear, and I'm wondering if you mean a "view" of the mountains, rather than a "sight." Are you talking about arriving at the top of the hill and being able to see the mountains well from there?

Yes, I have been asked to revise a brochure for the local Pro Loco, with itineraries and photographs. I quote "...follow the unpaved road and you'll reach a breathtaking sight on the mountains...
    I would say "path" instead of road and "a view OF the mountains and the plain below".
    Is that correct?
    Thank you for your precious help!

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Yes, "a breathtaking view of the mountains" sounds correct.

(An unpaved road and a path may not necessarily be the same thing, though.)

Louise4

Italian
    Yes, "a breathtaking view of the mountains" sounds correct.

(An unpaved road and a path may not necessarily be the same thing, though.)
    All right, then. I'll go with "a breathtaking view of the mountains" and I'll walk there tomorrow to check wether it's an unpaved road or a path :) Thank you again!

< Previous | Next >