a smart and kind scholar boy

macpollo

spanish
Necesito una sucinta presentación de mi hijo (15) para un curso en USA, alguien puede ayudarme a corregir este texto o a mejorarlo?

Nicolas is a smart and kind scholar boy, really interested in the knowledge of different cultures and countries. He loves Geography, Literature, and all about Nature and Technology.
His dream is to travel to the States to see the American way of life for himself. I think that this will be a great experience for him, and I find that he’s ready to reach his expectations.

• rainostr

Chile Spanish
    Hola, esta es mi traduccion:

Nicolas es un niño listo y amable, interesado profundamente en conocer nuevas culturas y paises. Nicolas ama la Geografia, la Literatura y la Tecnologia.

Su sueño es viajar a los Estados Unidos para ver por si mismo el estilo de vida americano. Yo pienso que esta será una gran experiencia para el y que que esta listo para alzanzar sus expectativas.

Saludos
    Rafael

Ms Missy

USA English
    Necesito una sucinta presentación de mi hijo (15) para un curso en USA, alguien puede ayudarme a corregir este texto o a mejorarlo?

Nicolas is a smart and kind scholar boy, really interested in the knowledge of different cultures and countries. He loves Geography, Literature, and all about Nature and Technology.
    His dream is to travel to the States to see the American way of life for himself. I think that this will be a great experience for him, and I find that he’s ready to reach his expectations.
    macpollo: Are you looking for a Spanish translation of the text (like the one above), or do you want editing of the English text? I'm just wondering since you are Spanish speaking, I thought it curious that you'd want a Spanish translation. :confused:

Ms Missy

USA English
    Meanwhile, I will suggest the following, if it's the English editing that you are asking for:

Nicolas is a smart, kind and scholarly boy who is really interested in the knowledge of different cultures and countries. He loves geography, literature, and learning all about Nature and Technology.
    His dream is to travel to the United States to see the American way of life for himself. I think that this will be a great experience for him, (and I find that he’s ready to reach his expectations.) This part need to be changed, but I'm not sure how to do it without changing the meaning of the thought behind the phrase. Perhaps someone else can help with this, but one thing I would suggest is that since you started the sentence with "I think" ... then "I think" should also start the second part of the phrase (instead of "I find").

Hope this helps if this is what you were asking for.

Ms Missy

USA English
    As I preview my previous post, I think it would be better to say:

Nicolas is a smart, kind and scholarly boy who has a deep (or profound) interest in the knowledge of different cultures and countries.

macpollo

spanish
    Thanks a lot, Ms Missy, I'am a spanish father who wants to send my son to the States, for a year, and the text is neccessary as a kind of reference of his english teacher (She is not much cooperative), and I would like present the text to her as an example.

Ms Missy

USA English
    Re: I was hoping for input from other members on this before doing too much editing, but meanwhile, here's my thoughts on the sentence that I said needed changing:

I think that this will be a great experience for him, (and I find that he’s ready to reach his expectations.) change to:

I think this will be a great experience for him, as I find him well prepared to reach his expectations.

(You could even say "as I find him ready, willing, and able to meet his expectations).

< Previous | Next >