a smile on my lips

• Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hi,

If I understood the phrase correctly, you could use something along these lines:
    Twoje mejle zawsze przywołują uśmiech na mojej twarzy.
    or something similar in meaning:
    Twoje mejle sprawiają, że często widać uśmiech na mojej twarzy.
    Your e-mails make it that a smile is an often look on my face.

Tom

mietagosia

Poland, Polish
    I would rather say "Twoje mejle zawsze wywołują uśmiech na mojej twarzy". "Przywoływać" has connotations of bringing back something that was once lost and forgotten. Whereas "wywoływać" means to cause, to provoke. To make it sound as natural as possible, I'd say: "Twoje mejle sprawiają, że często się uśmiecham". I'm probably writing it too late, but you can always use it on another occasion, just to show more variety in your usage of Polish structures ;-).

MietaGosia

dn88

Polish
    I would rather say "Twoje mejle zawsze wywołują uśmiech na mojej twarzy". "Przywoływać" has connotations of bringing back something that was once lost and forgotten. Whereas "wywoływać" means to cause, to provoke. To make it sound as natural as possible, I'd say: "Twoje mejle sprawiają, że często się uśmiecham". I'm probably writing it too late, but you can always use it on another occasion, just to show more variety in your usage of Polish structures ;-).

MietaGosia
    I am with you on this. :)

< Previous | Next >