A snappy manual of arms

< Previous | Next >

serhatuygur

Turkish
Hello, I'm having difficulties to understand what "snappy" means in the sentence below. I have checked the dictionaries but couldn't be able to find a satisfactionary explanation. Thank you.

“I don’t think Rader ever goldbricked in his life; he was the ideal garrison soldier, the type that knows all the commands for close-order drill and takes pride in a snappy manual of arms, that is impatient with men who ride the sick book and slip away from night problems.”

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    A Manual of Arms is a book that describes the actions that are carried out with rifles when marching or standing in formation, such as Present Arms or Order Arms. It may also describe other drill activities, such as marching in formation and various kinds of turns. Rader was proud of being able to carry out all these movements snappily: that is, quickly and precisely.

serhatuygur

Turkish
    A Manual of Arms is a book that describes the actions that are carried out with rifles when marching or standing in formation, such as Present Arms or Order Arms. It may also describe other drill activities, such as marching in formation and various kinds of turns. Rader was proud of being able to carry out all these movements snappily: that is, quickly and precisely.

Thank you very much for your fine and very helpful explanation.

< Previous | Next >