a son of rebellion

< Previous | Next >

Michelle Green

Chinese
Hi all,
I want to write a descriptive title.
The Awakening of a Son of Rebellion
Is this right and understandable? The intended meaning is that someone who is rebellious awakens.
Thank you!

• kentix

English - U.S.
    As I said in a related thread, at least in American English, a child of rebellion would be a child who was affected by a, presumably political, rebellion. They were either born or grew up amidst a rebellion that affected their life.

It's similar usage to saying "a child of the '70s", i.e. someone who grew up in the culture of the 1970s. '70s describes the era, not the child.

AnythingGoes

English - USA (Midwest/Appalachia)
    Hi all,
    I want to write a descriptive title.
    The Awakening of a Son of Rebellion
    Is this right and understandable? The intended meaning is that someone who is rebellious awakens.
    As I said in a related thread, at least in American English, a child of rebellion would be a child who was affected by a, presumably political, rebellion. They were either born or grew up amidst a rebellion that affected their life.

It's similar usage to saying "a child of the '70s", i.e. someone who grew up in the culture of the 1970s. '70s describes the era, not the child.
    In case these posts aren't completely clear, the answer to your question is "no". Nobody will understand what you mean.

To express your idea, you could say The Awakening of a Rebellious Son.

< Previous | Next >