A star salesman

Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
Hi Group,

What do you call in English a salesman, who is very good at sales, and he sales more than the avarage salespeople of the company? We call it in Mexico, that he is a star salesman, I don't know, if I can apply the same term in English?

• Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
    Can I apply star for everything, I mean for CEO's, director's, managers , administrators and so on or only top is more suitable in this case, that star?

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Hmmm.... You see, people in the corporate world are strange particular about their titles, and how they are referred. I wouldn't use "star" for CEO's, Director's, or Administrator's.... unless you are one as well, and are being playful. This is, once again, only my opinion.

Antonio: Look here for other terms for "boss". Perhaps this might be of assistance to you?

Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
    Thank you Venus, for the corporate world, is more often to hear top instead of star?

As for the thread that you send me, I have personally heard for boss, this following terms:

- "The suits" (refering to businesspeople in general as well as businessman)
    - a big shot

I don't know if the man, is suitable for boss? I believe that the man refers to the best, right?

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Antonio said:
    Thank you Venus, for the corporate world, is more often to hear top instead of star?
    I would say that yes.

Antonio said:
    As for the thread that you send me, I have personally heard for boss, this following terms:
    - "The suits" (refering to businesspeople in general as well as businessman)
    - a big shot

I don't know if the man, is suitable for boss? I believe that the man refers to the best, right?
    Right. It can be used in either situation.

Antonio

Mexico/Spanish
    I don't know if the man, is suitable for boss? I believe that the man refers to the best, am I right? In the case of the man, can I used instead of the boss? or in what other cases, can I say the man?

< Previous | Next >