A star

mimi2

vietnam vietnamese
I only understand the beginning and the end of the sentence. The middle I can't understand. I'm wondering if it is right or not.
"A star begins life as a large ball of slowly rotating gas that contracts slowly unders its own weight."
Thanks.

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    I only understand the beginning and the end of the sentence. The middle I can't understand. I'm wondering if it is right or not.
    "A star begins life as a large ball of slowly rotating gas that contracts slowly unders its own weight."
    Thanks.
    Yes, the sentence is correct. I would say "slowly-rotating" but, nevertheless, it's right.

mimi2

vietnam vietnamese
    Yes, the sentence is correct. I would say "slowly-rotating" but, nevertheless, it's right.
    Does it mean that at first it is as large as a ball then it is smaller and smaller and at last disappears.?

bfabien

Français/France
    Does it mean that at first it is as large as a ball then it is smaller and smaller and at last disappears.?
    It doesn't disappear, since when the star gets smaller, the pressure gets higher; finally, there's a balance between gravity (going down) and pressure (going up)...

< Previous | Next >