a sticker at a supermarket which says how much fruit costs

At a supermarket, I weigh a fruit on a machine and push a button. A sticker (?) comes out which says how much (kilo)grams the product is, and how much it costs.

What is the name of this sticker?

• pwmeek

English - American
    I thought I was going to be able to answer this quickly, but it isn't simply a price tag. Sticker (a piece of adhesive paper with printing or a design on it) is fine as far as it goes, but there must be a name for what kind of sticker it is. This technology has come along since I last worked in a grocery store.

jonca

English
    I thought I was going to be able to answer this quickly, but it isn't simply a price tag. Sticker (a piece of adhesive paper with printing or a design on it) is fine as far as it goes, but there must be a name for what kind of sticker it is. This technology has come along since I last worked in a grocery store.
    There may indeed be a precise name for it, but I'm guessing (just guessing) that most North American grocers would just call it a price tag, since that's such a common name for a label that indicates the price of something. Or maybe price sticker? That sounds fine to my N.A. reflexes, too. Good question, by the way!

< Previous | Next >