a style of wide-leg jeans

susanna76

Romanian
Hi there,

Once upon a time, in the nineties (maybe in the 1980s in the US), we used to wear a certain style of jeans with a large cut in the leg that went from the crotch all the way down. So they weren't flared at the bottom, or flared only from the knees down. They really had pretty large legs all the way. As for the pant part of the jeans, it was rather fit, so not hanging loosely down as you see rappers wear.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? How would you describe this style of jeans?

If I say wide-leg jeans or baggy pants, there's confusion with these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide_leg_jeans

The ones I have in mind had no folds at the bottom. I would say "wide-leg jeans" but I don't mean baggy jeans.

Thank you!

• suzi br

English / England
    I would say wide -legged.

The ones pictured in the wiki link you posted are wide legged AND too long, so they fold up at the bottom, so they are not an illustration of what you mean, but if you google images for wide-legged trousers you get plenty of the very wide form the hip sort!

Adge

USA- English (Southern)
    Susana76, do you mean like JNCO style jeans? I remember those being popular in the mid- to late-nineties. I don't know what else I would call them though...

Last edited:

susanna76

Romanian
    Adge: Yes, something like that, only without the large pockets.
    suzi br: Yes, I'd say so too, after all. Thanks!:)

susanna76

Romanian
    Hi Wyoming Sue, I was referring to wide-legged jeans, but thank you so much for the phrase "palazzo pants" because I love that style and didn't know what they were called :). Thanks again!!

< Previous | Next >