a successful actress

kmaro

Russian
Hi,

Could someone, please, check my attempted translation of the following sentence:

Natasha Richardson was a successful actress and a member of Britain's most celebrated acting family, a dynasty that included her mother, Vanessa, and grandfather, Michael.

Natasha Richardson annesini Vanessa'yı ve büyük babasını Michael'i içeren hanedanin Britanya'nın en ünlü oyunculuk ailesinin üye ve başarılı bir oyuncudu.

• nefika

English
    Merhaba Kmaro,

Let's see what you have today :) I should start by confessing that your translation doesn't really make sense, but don't be discouraged. I am sure you will do it better next time (This is what I am told by my French instructor every day :p )

Let's divide the sentence:
    Natasha Richardson was a successful actress and a member of Britain's most celebrated acting family. --- Natasha Richardson başarılı bir oyuncu ve Britanya'nın en ünlü oyuncularından oluşan bir ailesinin üyesiydi.

a dynasty that included her mother, Vanessa, and grandfather, Michael. --- It is kind of awkward to say "hanedan" in this context. I will go with "aile" even though the original sentence uses "dynasty". I am trying to simplify for the sake of meaning :)

So, below is my version. I hope other friends will also take part in our translation process:

Natasha Richardson başarılı bir oyuncu olmasının yanı sıra, annesi Vanessa ile büyükbabası Michael'in de dahil olduğu, Britanya'nın en ünlü oyuncularından oluşan bir ailesinin üyesiydi.

iyi çalışmalar kmaro :)

< Previous | Next >