A synonym for Diva attitude?

boh!?

Italy
I'm looking for an adjective for a sentence like this:
"A ___ Brian tells his friends he wants to ..."

where Brian acts like a diva after he wrote a successful book. Success has gone to his head and he pretends to have the last word on everything.

• Packard

USA, English
    "Effete snob" comes to mind.

This sort of behavior is best described using a litany of words.

He wrote a book and became a condescending overarching supercilious effete snob who looked down on everyone he deemed his inferior.

boh!?

Italy
    What about

"A whimsical and snobbish B. tells his friends that..."

or simply

"A lunatic and success struck B. tells his friends..."

Is there any equivalent of "success struck" , 'cause I just made it up, I'm not a native English speaker...sorry! :eek:

dermott

B.E. via Australian English
    There are any number of single adjectives that almost apply - pompous, self-opinionated, and so on - but they don't necessarily carry the additional suggestion that it has come about because of his literary success.

If you want to convey that his literary success is behind his attitude, you might need to go beyond a single adjective and restructure the sentence. For example, "Fuelled/fired by his literary success, a pompous/self-opinionated/vainglorious Brian tells his friends he wants to ..."

boh!?

Italy
    If you want to convey that his literary success is behind his attitude, you might need to go beyond a single adjective and restructure the sentence. For example, "Fuelled/fired by his literary success, a pompous/self-opinionated/vainglorious Brian tells his friends he wants to ..."
    Thanks! I think I'll go with that.

< Previous | Next >