A., T.A., T.V.U.M.D.B. by Elio e le Storie Tese

unspecified

English, USA
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone knows what the "A., T.A." stood for in this song. I know T.V.U.M.D.B means "ti voglio un mondo di bene," but I can't figure out the rest.

Here's a bit of the lyrics in case it's helpful:

Sai, quel tuo corpicino che guardava me (You, that little body of yours looking at me)
ha spinto il mio corpicione verso te (has drawn my big body towards you)
che scrivi sui muri milioni di sigle (who writes millions of initials on the walls)
tipo A., T.A., T.V.U.M.D.B.. (of the sort: A., T.A., T.V.U.M.D.B.)

The full lyrics of the song can be found here.

Thanks in advance!

• unspecified

English, USA
    Thanks, it could be. It also occurred to me that it could be "Amore, T.A." where T.A. is someone's initials..?

In any case, thanks for the help. The song was included on Giorgia's new(ish) anthology CD (Spirito Libero: Viaggi di Voce 1992 - 2008), so I'm not really sure when it was originally released/recorded.

Thanks again!

MünchnerFax

Italian, Italy
    T.A. might stand for ti amo, whereas A. is unclear. But don't forget this song is macking a mockery of the teenagers' habit of abbreviating everything in chatspeak and in text messages. So the abbreviations are not necessarily intended to be meaningful. :)

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    T.A. might stand for ti amo, whereas A. is unclear. But don't forget this song is macking a mockery of the teenagers' habit of abbreviating everything in chatspeak and in text messages. So the abbreviations are not necessarily intended to be meaningful. :)
    Big time so! I love Elio e le storie tese (though this is not one of my favourite songs). Here they're totally mocking chatspeak and it definitely means "amore, ti amo, ti voglio un mare/mondo di bene". At the same time they mean basically nothing :D That's how it works when you listen to Elio e le storie tese... Eheheh.. :D

< Previous | Next >