a także ciągnikiem rolniczym lub pojazdem wolnobieżnym

Panpan

England, English
Hi all, I would like to ask about the word 'takze'.
Does this mean 'taxi'?
Please would you also be able to provide a translation of the context, which is an explanation of the Polish drivers licence category C:

pojazdem samochodowym o dopuszczalnej masie calkowitej przekraczajacej 3,5 t, z wyjatkiem autobasu, a takze ciagnikiem rolniczym lub pojazdem wolnobieznym,

Many thanks
Panpan

• Jana337

čeština
    "A także" means "and also". The text says that the category C includes vehicles with gross vehicle weight (it's Chinese to me, so it might as well be wrong) greater than 3.5 t (with the exception of buses) and also agricultural tractors and slow-moving vehicles.

I am very sure that I understand it correctly but I don't know the correct terminology (in any language), so please wait for more opinions. :)

Panpan

England, English
    Many thanks Jana, if the entitlement does not specifically include entitlement to drive taxis or buses, that's already as much as I need to know.
    Panpan

Jana337

čeština
    Great. :) For your information, buses are D and taxis are probably in B but one has to fulfil requirements stipulated by special laws. Source.

arturolczykowski

Polish
    No, "także" isn't "a taxi" in English ;)

"także" means depending on contekst: also, too, as well...

by the motor vehicle up to 3,5 t gross vehicle weight, with the exeption of the bus, and also by the tractor or the slow-moving vehicle

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hi all, I would like to ask about the word 'takze'.
    Does this mean 'taxi'?
    Please would you also be able to provide a translation of the context, which is an explanation of the Polish drivers licence category C:

pojazdem samochodowym o dopuszczalnej masie calkowitej przekraczajacej 3,5 t, z wyjatkiem autobasu, a takze ciagnikiem rolniczym lub pojazdem wolnobieznym,

Many thanks
    Panpan
    by an automotive vehicle whose allowable grose mass exceeds 3.5 t, with the exeption of a bus, and also an agricultural tractor or a slow-speed vehicle.

As someone who got the C category not too long ago I can tell that if you want to drive a taxi you need the B category + take some additional exams. The C category entitles you to drive the abovementioned vehicles. :)

Tom

arturolczykowski

Polish
    Po sprawdzeniu dokładniejszym okazuje się, że "gross vehicle weight" to masa rzeczywista pojazdu, masa dopuszczalna to "gross vehicle weight rating". W Australii używa się określenia "gross vehicle mass" dla dopuszczalnej masy pojazdu łącznie z ładunkiem i pasażerami.

Przepraszam też za błąd w moim tłumaczeniu "up to" powinno być oczywiście "above/exceeds", ale jako, że ja mam kat B, więc się zasugerowałem i nie zauważyłem, że chodzi o kat C.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Po sprawdzeniu dokładniejszym okazuje się, że "gross vehicle weight" to masa rzeczywista pojazdu, masa dopuszczalna to "gross vehicle weight rating". W Australii używa się określenia "gross vehicle mass" dla dopuszczalnej masy pojazdu łącznie z ładunkiem i pasażerami.

[...]
    Dopuszczalna masa pojazdu i dopuszczalna masa pojazdu łącznie z ładunkiem i pasażerami to, według mnie, jedno i to samo, chociaż muszę przyznać, że nie słyszałem tego drugiego określenia. Dopuszczalna masa pojazdu to poprostu suma masy własnej pojazdu plus jego dopuszczalna ładowność, nigdy się ona nie zmienia w przeciwieństwie do masy rzeczywistej.

Tom

EDIT: I can't edit my previous post, and there's a typo in it, it should read:
    by an automotive vehicle whose allowable gross mass exceeds 3.5 t, [...]

< Previous | Next >