a testimony of/about blessing

< Previous | Next >

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
Hello everyone,
I want to tell others that Noah in the Bible was a man blessed by God and he and his family survived the flood. So I made this sentence: Noah's story is a testimony of/about blessing.
I am not sure if I should use "of" or "about" for the bold part. I saw both on Google: Monosnap
Both "a testimony of blessing" and "a testimony about blessing" correct? If so, what's the difference between them? If not, what should I use in my sentence according to my context? Could you please do me a favor? Thanks.

• owlman5

English-US
    Hello, Helen. Many Christians seem to rely excessively on the word testimony. I hope that you don't fall into the habit of using it so often that it loses its force.

Are both "a testimony of blessing" and "a testimony about blessing" correct?
    I think they are. I would probably call it a story of blessing in my own writing.

If so, what's the difference between them?
    There is very little difference between those prepositions in that phrase. A testimony about blessing gives me the idea that you are going to spend more time discussing exactly how something is a blessing. A testimony of blessing gives me the idea that some story merely illustrates an example of blessing.

Last edited:

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
    Hello, Helen. Many Christians seem to rely excessively on the word testimony. I hope that you don't fall into the habit of using it so often that it loses its force.

I think they are. I would probably call it a story of blessing in my own writing.

There is very little difference between those prepositions in that phrase. A testimony about blessing gives me the idea that you are going to spend more time discussing exactly how something is a blessing. A testimony of blessing gives me the idea that some story merely illustrates an example of blessing.
    Got it, owlman5. Thanks for your help.

< Previous | Next >