A time frame of 2 hours for arrival

kmarteva

Bulgarian
Hi, everyone!

Can you say "a time frame of arrival" or it must be "a time frame for arrival".

Are there any other prepositions that could be used and would still be grammatically correct?

Thanks you in advance:)

• kmarteva

Bulgarian
    "We would like to inform you that there is a time frame for arrival because of traffic." or "we would like to inform you that there is a time frame of arrival because of traffic.

Packard

USA, English
    It is pretty standard to say "E.T.A." (Estimated Time of Arrival).

So I would say "The E.T.A. is 3:00 p.m. plus or minus 30 minutes".

This gives the probable arrival time and the allowable time frame.

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    A time frame is a period of time, so there is always a time frame for someone's arrival. You want "We would like to inform you that there is a delay in arrival because of traffic."

Loob

English UK
    "We would like to inform you that there is a time frame for arrival because of traffic." or "we would like to inform you that there is a time frame of arrival because of traffic.
    Can you give a bit more explanation about what you want your sentence to mean, kmarteva?

Do you want it to mean, for example, "You can arrive any time between 2pm and 4pm. We understand that if we say that you must arrive at precisely 2:30pm this could cause problems because you might be delayed by traffic"?

kmarteva

Bulgarian
    I would like to say that we can arrive any time between 2 pm and 4 p.m and I give this time frame because of traffic. I hope this will shed some light on the situation:)

Copyright

American English
    I would just say it:
    Because of traffic, we may arrive any time between 2pm and 4pm.

Because of traffic, we will arrive sometime between 2pm and 4pm.

< Previous | Next >