A ton's weight

< Previous | Next >

JJC12345

India-Hindi, Malayalam
Is the expression ''a ton's weight" in use?
Please help..It will be really helpful if you could provide me with a context where this is applicable

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Welcome to the forum, JJC12345!

Where have you heard this expression? Have you seen it used in a sentence? If not, please give us a sentence in which you would use it, so we have a specific example to discuss.

JJC12345

India-Hindi, Malayalam
    Welcome to the forum, JJC12345!

Where have you heard this expression? Have you seen it used in a sentence? If not, please give us a sentence in which you would use it, so we have a specific example to discuss.
    I have not seen it used in a sentence.I saw it in a book, in the part about possessive nouns.
    They were emphasizing about the use of apostrophe. I quote " words denoting weight, if it is followed by the word 'weight' after it. For eg. a ton's weight,a gram's weight, a pound's weight. "

JJC12345

India-Hindi, Malayalam
    I have not seen it used in a sentence.I saw it in a book, in the part about possessive nouns.
    They were emphasizing about the use of apostrophe. I quote " words denoting weight, if it is followed by the word 'weight' after it. For eg. a ton's weight,a gram's weight, a pound's weight. "
    How about this sentence-The king decided to give him a ton's weight of gold.

< Previous | Next >