a (twisting / twisted) layer

• Not really.

"Twisted" means that the object has already been twisted in a process that has since stopped. For example "Metal girders, twisted by the heat of the fire"

"Twisting" means that the process is still going on, as in the picture, which shows the Rubik Cube in the process of twisting.

I have to say that it is a somewhat metaphorical use anyway, because the cube can't "twist" on it's own. It would always need somebody to apply an external force to it, so it is technically "being twisted".

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    To be brutally frank, the title of the picture is perhaps the worst I have seen recently. It would be interesting to know what purpose that title should be serving. It appears that someone has picked words at random from a dictionary. Kevin Beach is correct but that does not save the picture's title.

Linkway

British English
    It would be interesting to know what purpose that title should be serving.
    As is common practice with stock image suppliers' websites, the main purpose of "title" or description is to be indexed by search engines such that when anyone searches for eg [ stock photo keyword1 keyword2 keyword3 ] they see that page listed in the search engine results.

I believe that the avoidance of "Rubik's Cube" is quite deliberate.

< Previous | Next >