A volte capita che la salviettina non si strappa

< Previous | Next >

BGBWR

Italian - Italy
Buon giorno a tutti,
vorrei spiegare ad un mio fornitore come a volte risulti difficile lo strappo tra due salviettine umidificate.
Questo il mio tentativo:
Oggi, con le saviettine umidificate, con il mio cliente abbiamo visto che strappare la salviettina non è cosi facile. A volte capita che la saviettina non si strappa trascinando fuori quella dopo.
Today, with the wipes wetted, with my customer I have verified that to rip off the wipe is not so easy. Sometime happen the wipe doesn’t rip and pull out another wipe.
Grazie per l'aiuto

Devi usare la frase che vuoi tradurre come titolo del thread, non titoli generici
Come devo scegliere i titoli delle discussioni?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • joanvillafane

U.S. English
    Hi BGBWR - If you're talking about wipes that are connected in a container which are supposed to come out one at a time, I'd say:

....with the wipes moistened, ...................to tear off the wipe is not so easy. Sometimes the wipe doesn't tear off.

If you have more context, it might help. Otherwise, I think if the wipe does not tear off, you are pulling out more than one!

TheNameOfAWind

Italian
    Hi!
    Joan, I think it should be "wet wipes" or "pre-moistened tissues/wipes" or something like that (I found these two terms on the internet, maybe you can tell which one is more appropriate).
    "wipes moistened" makes me think of someone moistening the wipes before trying to tear them off! I think she's talking about wet wipes you use to clean your hand with.

I guess the confusion comes from "con le salviettine umidificate", which is not "having the wipes been moistened" but "regarding the wet tissues, me and my client..."

BGBWR, mi dai conferma?

Quote: 'I guess the confusion comes from "con le salviettine umidificate", which is not "having the wipes been moistened" but "regarding the wet tissues, me and my client..."'
    I was thinking the same thing. While we are waiting for confirmation, I would just say that the two uses of "with" in the sentence I find rather awkward.
    I was thinking: "With regard to the pre-moistened wipes, today my client and I (both) noticed that it is not so easy to tear off a (single) wipe / one wipe at a time. Sometimes the wipe does not tear off and pulls out the next one."
    "me and my client" : "my client and I..."

rrose17

Canada, English
    A little loose and maybe can be cleaned up a bit...
    Regarding your pre-moistened wipes I have seen, along with a customer, that tearing off one at a time is not very easy. They tend to not detach and more than one gets pulled out at the same time.
    More concise
    Regarding your pre-moistened wipes I have seen, along with a customer, that they don't always detach and more than one gets pulled out at the same time.

edit: Cross with John

TheNameOfAWind

Italian
    Quote: 'I guess the confusion comes from "con le salviettine umidificate", which is not "having the wipes been moistened" but "regarding the wet tissues, me and my client..."'
    I was thinking the same thing. While we are waiting for confirmation, I would just say that the two uses of "with" in the sentence I find rather awkward.
    Nothing awkward, but very colloquial. It's like saying: dealing with the wet wipes..., omitting the "obvious" verb. :)

joanvillafane

U.S. English
    All your suggestions are great and you're right, of course, about wet wipes or pre-moistened wipes. (I was reacting to BGBWR's English sentence, rather than going directly to the Italian!) :D

< Previous | Next >