A Welcome X party

finalorbit

English - USA
A friend is putting together a party to welcome an Italian friend to Los Angeles. I have three phrases I'd like to verify.

Benvenuto Marco! - Welcome Marco!
Benvenuto A Los Angeles! - Welcome to Los Angeles!

A "Welcome Luca" Party (Context: You are invited to a "Welcome Marco" party). Not sure how to phrase that at all.

Grazie a tutti!

G.

• finalorbit

English - USA
    I'll tell you what, Necsus, you go to the dictionary and cut & paste where it exactly explains the idiomatic... "A Welcome Marco Party"

Last edited by a moderator:

marcolettici

English U.S.
    I'm nowhere close to a native, but it seems like maybe "Siete cordialmente invitati a una festa di benvenuto per Marco," might work. Perhaps a native can tweak it and "make it so?"

finalorbit

English - USA
    Hey Marcolettici, thanks for this! I thought that the Italian version my be more wordy. I think the phrase might not translate easily. I agree, a native might be able to tweak it.

Grazie!

finalorbit

English - USA
    Thanks Necsus, but I do think what I'm asking is idiomatic to English. I appreciate the links and your translations, but I can see it's off from what I'm asking. Marcolettici is the closest I can get, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time.

Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    I can see it's off from what I'm asking. Marcolettici is the closest I can get, I'm afraid.
    Firstly, I'd just like to point out that Necsus and Marcolettici have suggested the same thing.

Secondly, you wouldn't directly translate "a Welcome Marco party" into Italian - you would say "a Welcome party for Marco", which is what Necsus and Marcolettici have suggested.
    una festa di benvenuto per Marco

< Previous | Next >