< Previous | Next >

HyphenSpider

Banned
Spanish, Spain
Is it correct?

A: What time are you going to set off?
B: At 8.25

What about this one?

A: What time does the next performance start?
B: At 10.00

Thanks!

• cubaMania

Hola HyphenSpider,
    I might change "set off" to "leave" but that depends upon exactly what you are trying to convey. The time takes a colon, like this 8:25, 10:00.
    We normally use a 12 hour time notation. If it is clear whether you are speaking of morning or evening, then you don't necessarily need to add A.M. or P.M., otherwise you might need it.

Sugiero que para consequir mejores respuestas, la proxima vez pongas el original en español y tu traducción al inglés.

HyphenSpider

Banned
    Spanish, Spain
    The time takes a colon, like this 8:25, 10:00
    Does it? I've just studied it and I think it's just a period (.) (almost in British English).

Sugiero que para consequir mejores respuestas, la proxima vez pongas el original en español y tu traducción al inglés.
    En realidad no es que tenga que traducir nada... Sólo tenía que escribir una pregunta en relación a la respuesta... Por ejemplo:

A: .................................
    B: At 8.25

Una cosa que no me ha quedado clara... ¿las frases (por lo menos la relación "pregunta-respuesta") están bien? Quiero decir, para que te respondan at 8.35 puedes preguntar what time are you going to set off?.

Gracias,

cubaMania

The questions you formulated look OK, now that you have explained the context of your request.

I cannot speak to the British usage for time notations, but I can tell you that ISO (International Standards Organization) mandates colons where you have periods. But that was not your question since those were already given to you and you were just asked to invent the questions.

< Previous | Next >