a whole bunch

alex_vkcr

Spanish - Spain
Hello.
In a magazine i saw a sentence I am not sure if it sounds good... The direct translation into Spanish doesn't sound good hence my question.
Context: Travel was the best part of tha work all the stuff i wrote during the flights!. A whole bunch of phrases and aphorism all scribbled down.
My try: Los viajes eran la mejor parte de mi trabajo, ¡todas las cosas que escribí durante los vuelos!. Un montonazo de frases y aforismos anotados.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • grubble

British English
    Hello.
    In a magazine i saw a sentence I am not sure if it sounds good... The direct translation into Spanish doesn't sound good hence my question.
    Context:Travel was the best part of tha work all the stuff :confused: I wrote during the flights!. A whole bunch of phrases and aphorism all scribbled down.
    My try: Los viajes eran la mejor parte de mi trabajo, todas las cosas que escribí durante los vuelos!. Un montonazo de frases y aformismos aforismos anoteados.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

alex_vkcr

Spanish - Spain
    I am so sorry for misspelling, but I still have a parting query. Would you use this in your life? I mean, Is it common?

grubble

British English
    I am so sorry for misspelling, but I still have a parting query. Would you use this in your life? I mean, Is it common?
    "a whole bunch of" is informal English that is used mainly in the USA but is also understood and used by teenagers in Britain. You would not use it in formal writing. Everyone would understand if you used it in conversation.

< Previous | Next >