1. The forums will be closed for a major forum upgrade for around 2-4 hours on Sunday, starting around noon US Eastern Time (GMT -4, 18:00 in most of Europe). Details
    Dismiss Notice

a window angled between two outer walls

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by JUNIO, May 8, 2013.

  1. JUNIO

    JUNIO Senior Member

    Spanish, Spain

    me he encontrado con esta descripción de una sala de música en un castillo y no le encuentro el sentidos. ¿Una ventana orientada entre las dos paredes exteriores?

    ¿Podéis ayudarme?

    Part of both wings, the room was an odd shape, having two doors, one opening to the north wing and one to the west wing corridors, and only one window—a wide one angled between the two outer walls.

    Contaba con dos puertas, una que daba al ala norte y otra a los pasillos del ala oeste, y una única ventana, una muy amplia entre las dos paredes exteriores.

    No lo entiendo...

    Gracias de antemano
  2. Omada Senior Member

    Español, España
    Seguramente es una ventana que hace ángulo (o "en ángulo") con las dos paredes exteriores, como ésta.
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  3. macame

    macame Senior Member

    Half a mile to heaven
    Spanish & Galician
    ¿Ventana esquinada?
  4. SydLexia Senior Member

    London, EU
    UK English
    The room must be an L-shape but it's not clear if the window cuts across (at 45 degrees?) the inner or the outer 'elbow' of the L.

    It could be an 'internal corner' between the exterior walls - an 'inside corner' of a U-shaped house.



Share This Page